Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just words?

Either it means something to you, or it does not.

I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

Even if you have never formally had to speak the words, the most fundamental Obligation of Citizenship makes this oath yours to bear.

Look at what you do, how you live.  Do your deeds match the words?

Do you permit others to interpret the Constitution for you, or do you read the words for yourself to determine Right from Wrong?

Kerodin
III

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.