Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Saturday, February 11, 2012

A note about fundraising

Hi folks,

I just want to make sure everyone understands the method I use for updating the fundraiser total on the right.

First, I'll be taking it down soon, since our original plan of raising $12K for the DC Rush show has evolved to smaller markets.

That said: If you make a donation of an oddball amount, such as $33.33 - you won't see the total change to $XXX.33

PayPal takes just about 4% of the gross just for processing the payments. (I could use my own credit card processor for one of my businesses, but the percentage to MasterCard/Visa/AmEx would be about the same, and my headache factor would increase exponentially - so I use PayPal).

So, if you donate a number like $33.33 and subract the 4% that PayPal keeps, the money that makes it into the 527 is $31.9968 - then I round up. So a $33.33 donation is actually $32 bucks.

Add this to the mix: The graphic at right isn't one of those slick widgets that automatically updates with every donation. I have to update it manually, and I tend to do it about once a week. That means I am bundling everything for the week, and the adjustment will reflect accordingly.

So, now you know.

By the way, all of is be available online each quarter as we file our reports with IRS. Everything is itemized on that report. I have no idea where we stand with reports at this moment, as I don't handle it. I think we still owe IRS last Quarter of 2011 (which is where our real activity began), but I won't swear to it.

Again, my sincerest thanks to everyone who has ordered gear, sent in donations, and supported in your own way even if money is too tight to hit the Donate button. Believe me, I get it. It is rough out there these days, and I do not measure anyones patriotism or support by the number of dollars they kick in.

Stay safe, Patriots.

Kerodin
III

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.