Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Can you build a III 1911 Properly?


Are you a 1911 mechanic?

Can you take a pile of 1911 parts, and at the end of the process have a reliable 1911 that hits where you want it to hit, every time one pulls the trigger? Do you know what to polish, how to hand-fit those pieces and parts that need just the right fit, to turn a pile of John Browning's pieces into one of his masterpieces? Maybe you are a guy who knows how to finish the product? Can you parkerize? Can you duracote a pattern?

We already have a small group of gunsmiths working with us in these early stages. We'll see if these folks want to stay part of the project.

Are you an FFL 01? An FFL 07?

Now I need to create a talent pool of men and women who want to build 1911's that fit in the "semi-custom" realm. We can talk about any concerns you may have in life right now, from building in your own shop where you live, to problems you may be having covering the rent, to moving to Idaho with us and having a crash pad on day one either with or without your family.

I need men and women who are going to reliably build pistols worthy of carrying the III Brand, every day. I'm talking about a career.

If it is you, email me. If it is someone you know, tell them to contact me.

Our email conversations will be confidential. You need to be honest about any challenges you may be facing, and I'll be just as honest in return.

Tell me what machines and skills you bring to the table, whether you are going to work from your shop or relocate.

For the right candidate who brings the right stuff to the table, I will have a shop in 15 days in Idaho.

I'm looking for a man who can run the shop, hire a team to build around him, and I am also looking for those folks who are not yet ready to run a shop, but may want a spot in the organization.

Do not be shy about your financial requirements. Do not blow smoke about how many units you can finish in a day.

Let's talk.

Kerodin@Kerodin.com

Kerodin
III

2 comments:

  1. Need to make a comment on one item here.

    "Our email conversations will be confidential."

    Most likely everyone here already knows that the internet is not "private", including email, but I thought it would be worth mentioning. Anything you send that isn't encrypted can be read by your service provider, Kerodin's service provider and anyone in the multiple hops between the two.

    There is a saying that has been around for a while now - "The internet is forever" - meaning you have to assume anything you send over the internet could show up publicly some time in the future.

    For much of what we do it doesn't matter, but when you start talking business there are legitimate reasons for wanting privacy. Account numbers, passwords, business plans, hiring discussions, etc. are all good examples.

    There is a program called gpg that does encryption but the learning curve is pretty steep and you just about have to have someone walk you through it the first time. We will need some level of privacy for parts of the business, so I thought this would be a good time to bring it up so folks can look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could clean up and do some simple finish work sanding and giving internal and external part a bit of detail work. I did a bit of gunsmithing and was a unit Armorer so I know a little bit. But I'm no machinist to work cutting metal. But give me a stone, a little steel wool and oil to clean stuff up. I think I can come up with a little buffer and polish to give a weapon a clean look and function. My problem is my CIDP makes me a bit undependable. All the wishing in the world won't make that go away. Darn't K I want to be a part of this but my handicap makes it hard. You are doing this for many reasons but charity is not one of them. I do have a few ideas for It for the "Citadel" I'll be glad to help in all ways but I won't make a good worker. Do you need some PC's and wi-fi routers? I'll be happy to donate at least 3 PC's and 1 21" old CAD type monitor and a desk. some extra hard drives and the software

    ReplyDelete

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.