Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Saturday, September 1, 2012

1911 Gunners


If you are a 1911 gunner, you already own the one to which you trust your life. You probably own a few more, scattered around the house, shed, in vehicles, in case you ever need one in an unexpected place.

So here is a brutal business question: What will motivate you to add a III to your hip or home?

Before you can answer that, you'll need a few details: The III 1911s being built would retail from any custom shop for $2,500 - $3,000. Those are not my numbers pulled out of my arse, those are the numbers given to me by the master gunsmiths who are building our prototypes. We are not building Rock River or even modest SAs.

We designed a 1911 specifically for carrying out the front door with full knowledge you may have to defend your life.

Features: Low profile 3 dot sights, lowered and flared ejection port, ambi & extended safety, beavertail, bobbed hammer, beveled mag well. The pistols are specifically designed to go bang every f'n time you pull the trigger, no matter what. And I am told it will be the rare hundgunner who can out-shoot these pistols in terms of accuracy.

Price: Don't know yet, but they'll be well under $2k. The first guns will be more expensive than later guns(NOT more than $2K!!!), and the prices will come down as we move more and more operations in-house under our own roof. But for the sake of discussion, forget price - it should be the last consideration when deciding which pistol you will reach for every single time your life is in danger.

So, please be brutally honest: For what will you be looking before you add a III 1911 to your home, or your hip?

Kerodin
III

13 comments:

  1. Sending you an email on this one. I have a list of demands.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, who's the hostage? ;)

      Miss Violet

      Delete
  2. 1) Operational infallibility w/ 230 ball or 185 JHP

    2) Quality trigger that won't crap out

    3) A sight option to include either XS bigdots [ http://www.xssights.com/index.php?nID=sights&cID=Sights&pID=sights&sID=handgun ] or Heinie Straight 8s [ http://www.heinie.com/index.php ] in lieu of the 3 dots.

    My eyes (and I suspect those of many potential buyers) have increasing difficulty w/ 3 dots.

    You could also just make "standard" sight cuts in the slide and leave the coice of poison to the purchaser.

    Regards,
    ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CA. We'll be milling slides with dovetail cuts, so customers will have a wide variety of choices for sights.

      These will be fighting pistols, so with that in mind our guys will do whatever they can to help customers build their ideal fighter.

      Jim (Millerized) is brilliant at this stuff.

      K

      Delete
  3. How about a rounded frame like the single stack kimber or lc9?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I don't need Gucci. I'm not real picky. I can adapt. I just want it to work, but seeing as I already have a Colt 1911, I wouldn't pay $1k for another. Yes. I am a cheap bastard.
    And, quite frankly, I'm grabbin' my Glock before I grab my 1911.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't fault anyone for having found the weapon to which they trust their life.

      I know Glock is reliable, it is a tool that will fire no matter what you do to it, and it fires every major caliber one could want in a sidearm. There is no legitimate fault to be found with the Glock as a fighting arm.

      That makes my dislike of Glock wholly irrational, unfounded, and it probably has a clinical name. In times like these when I have no serious weapons with which to debate, I fall back to my trusty Saturday mornings at age 7, and recite my Popeye.

      I am what I am. ;)

      K

      Delete
    2. Don't get me wrong. I love my 1911, but it is of 1945 vintage and in nearly pristine condition. I shoot it only rarely. If I didn't already have it, I would seriously consider buying one from III Arms.

      A man likes what he likes. I concur. I can find no fault with you and your opinions, as they are as valid as any other thinking man's.

      I also do not want to risk being carved upon.

      I bid you good day, sir.

      Delete
  5. Zoomie - did you see this from Israel? Your humor is infectious. ;)

    http://thesteelibeam.blogspot.com/2012/08/cubicle-boredom.html

    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.

      I have been aware of Mr. I-Beam for a period of time now, and he has been under my close observation due to his worrisome and terroristic postings.

      You and he should get along famously in the Gulag, Mr. Kerodin.

      Delete
  6. What you have spec'd there works for me (although I'm "meh" about the ambi/extended safety). I've got kids who'll need pistols when they go off on their own in a few years, so that's reason enough for me to buy at least three.

    Though I loves me some 1911, Brutal Business Plan-wise, I think III Arms will do better sales/financially with AR builds (and maybe ammo production) than anything. Seems like these days, anybody making ARs can't toss them out the door fast enough...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan: You're right about the AR's. Jim is building one to unveil at the same time we offer the 1911s, Since so many variations and well-designed pieces and parts exist for the AR, we haven't seen a need to build one from the ground up.

      Instead, he picked uppers & lowers and pieces and parts he preferred in his package gun and is building it.

      When we go into production we'll offer variations for customers, do the builds in-house, and all the markings will be our own.

      The hardest part even we are having with the AR is parts availability! These things are on fire.

      K

      Delete
  7. For me it is quite simple. I need one for my left hand. With the ambi-features in place, there will be no reason to not rejoice in the fact of weilding two 1911's side by side whilst destroying targets with each trigger pull. Right, Left, Right Left...almost as if marching to cadence in .45acp fashion.

    My only note to the 1911 design would be the lanyard loop and tac rail like that of the Kimber Warrior.

    Aside from the 1911, the Gulag could use some salt, I am now under observation. I just recently found out I am a haterist who hates so I can now save money from therapy sessions as I have found everything I need right here in the III. :)

    Israel
    III

    ReplyDelete

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.