Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Chocolat by Daniel



Men who like women learn at an early age that women like chocolate.

Chocolate has a physiological impact on most women, a positive impact that will usually make her fond of the man who gave her the chocolate.  Very fond.  I will be the first to admit that I eat like a 7-year-old-boy, and what is worse is that my palette measures well below "blunt instrument".  Steak good, uhg.  I don't do subtle when I eat.

But the female of our species is more sophisticated than most of us guys.  They see more colors (true), they have a wider field of peripheral vision (true), and when it comes to chocolate most women treat it as a moment in life to be savored, and interrupting a chocolate moment may end in physical pain or divorce if you aren't careful.  They seem to almost taste colors when they eat chocolate.

Daniel hosted our III CQB class last week in Rockford, and he is a professional chocolatier - he is one of those rare men who can create colors for women to enjoy in a piece of chocolate.  No, he doesn't make yellow chocolate - "creating colors" is rhetorical to describe that he is an artisan in chocolate, a genuine Master of the craft.  A Hershey bar is not chocolate.  Ladies, if you think the apex of chocolate is Godiva, I need you to trust me when I say that you have never tasted the real deal.  And I say that with my 7-year-old appreciation for food. (No offense, Godiva)

If you were to enter Daniel's shop and ask for a Godiva-class bit of chocolate to take home to your wife, Daniel may physically throw you out of his establishment. And he can do it - I taught him how. He has, indeed, refused to sell his chocolate creations to some people who are obviously seeking a product far below his standards, and pointed them to the local drug store instead

Daniel's chocolate creations are masterworks of culinary art.

I do not have either the palette to appreciate fully his creations, nor the ability to properly write about his chocolate.  My wife, however, does.  So for you ladies who want to taste what may well be the finest chocolate experience on planet Earth, Holly guest-wrote of the experience.  For you guys who want to stack the deck and get a woman who is out of your league to notice you, you need to read the column then drive to Illinois.

This is not an advertisement for Daniel.  You can't buy his creations online.  He won't ship you anything.

Holly and I are writing of Daniel, his wife, and his chocolate because they are special.

Ladies, I am not kidding, I don't care where you live, tell your man to get his bum to Illinois and come home with some of Daniel's chocolate, or don't come home.  If you die without experiencing the magnificence that is a genuine chocolate moment, shame on you.

Here's the link to Holly's column.  If you are serious about going to Daniels shop to experience the physical, emotional, psychological event that is eating a bit of real chocolate, I'll give you Daniel's address.

Guys - the next time you bring your wife a heart-shaped box of dark sweets from the drug store, she'll know you aren't bringing your A-Game  ;)

Kerodin
III

4 comments:

  1. Actually, it appears that he WILL ship chocolates: http://chocolatbydaniel.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just to clarify, Daniel does NOT ship. But damn, it sounds like it's worth driving for!

      Delete
  2. Sam:

    You are a sexist pig.
    I am all guy, and I loves me some chocolate.
    I would eat a chocolate covered turd.

    Please reconsider.


    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we now know how to save on refreshments if Mr. Wide-eyed and Dangerous attends any of our get togethers...but we will have to set up his own personal treat bar....
      ;)
      Miss Violet

      Delete

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.