Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

How will History judge you?


We now officially live in a country wherein homosexuality is the moral equivalent to traditional Christian marriage.

We officially live in a country where the power to force you to spend money on products or services you may find morally repugnant is Constitutionally sound.

We officially live in a country where the best tools of personal defense are denied with Constitutional validity.

Have any of you who once challenged my argument that Judicial Review is unconstitutional changed your minds yet?

Are you ready to listen when I say the current interpretation of Article III Section I & II, based on Marbury v. Madison, is firmly entrenched in Article III Section III?

Are you ready to listen to Mister Jefferson on the topic?

He wrote this to Mrs. Adams: You seem to think it devolved on the judges to decide on the validity of the Sedition law.

But nothing in the Constitution has given them a right to decide for the Executive, more than the Executive to decide for them. Both magistrates are equally independent in the sphere of action assigned to them.

The judges, believing the law constitutional, had a right to pass a sentence of fine and imprisonment; because the power was placed in their hands by the Constitution. But the Executive, believing the law to be unconstitutional, were bound to remit the execution of it; because that power has been confided to them by the Constitution.

That instrument meant that its coordinate branches should be checks on each other.

But the opinion which gives to the judges the right to decide what laws are constitutional, and what not, not only for themselves in their own sphere of action, but for the Legislature and Executive also, in their spheres, would make the judiciary a despotic branch.


Until you and I are ready to live up to our responsibilities as We the People and do our duty as outlined in the 9th and 10th Amendments, our lot will only worsen.

So long as you and I permit 9 people to tell us right from wrong, what we may or may not do enforced at the point of a muzzle, we do not deserve the Liberty our Founders secured.

Until you and I decide to stop obeying unconstitutional laws - and make no mistake, we follow by choice - we will be treated and forced to live exactly as we deserve.

We the People have the responsibility of keeping our politicians and bureaucrats inside the lines regarding what is, and is not, Constitutional.  Not the Supreme Court.  If we delegate that responsibility, we deserve to be the slaves that we are now.

Do not f'n lie to me or yourself - we are slaves - the most comfortable ever on Earth, but slaves nonetheless.

When we decide to take back control of our republic from our Masters, we'd better go all-in, all of us.  At the same time.  With the same ferocity.  With the same goal - Liberty.

...hang together, or separately...

As I have said before, we've been here before as a nation.  Our Founders won Liberty.  In the 1860's it was stolen, and today it stands on the brink of extinction. 

Now History is asking you and me - what'cha gonna do about it?

Here's a link to a previous post on the topic.

Kerodin
III

7 comments:

  1. No, gay marriage is the legal equivalent of regular marriage now. This could've been avoided had the marriage exemptions for tax purposes been removed. But that would have meant the Gummint surrendering a power they assumed, and we can't have that, can we?

    So instead we have this ongoing clusterfuck. Government makes everything worse, forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will be the catalyst that sets people off? Will it be something as simple as a few trees in a public park, like in Turkey? A 10% increase in public bus fairs like in Brasil? I do know that I will stand with those that stand for a return of our Constitution as the law of the land. When you pay more in taxes than GE or Boeing, you know things need to be reset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I support rightful liberty. If you truly do how can you be anti gay marriage. It doesn't affect you one way or another. The whole problem could be solved by the government having nothing to do with marriage.

    I am not religious, but was raised in church. There are a lot of things in the old testament the bible bans, but Christians tend to ignore. I say let everyone practice the religion they want, but out of all of them Christianity is the one I have the least respect for. Christians are the most hypocritical.

    Here is a list of some other things banned in the old testament(These all come from Leviticus just like the anti gay stuff) :

    1. Letting your hair become unkempt (10:6)
    2. Tearing your clothes (10:6)
    3. Eating – or touching the carcass of – any seafood without fins or scales (11:10-12) Example: Shellfish
    4. Going to church within 33 days after giving birth to a boy (12:4)
    5. Going to church within 66 days after giving birth to a girl (12:5)
    6. Mixing fabrics in clothing (19:19) No Polyester
    7. Getting tattoos (19:28)
    8. Not standing in the presence of the elderly (19:32)
    9. Mistreating foreigners – “the foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born” (19:33-34)
    - Problem for all those anti illegal immigrant religious conservatives
    10. Selling land permanently (25:23) Don't sell your land

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This isn't the place for religious debate and I'm not the guy for it. Others may want to weigh-in.

      Here's my personal problem with gay marriage - which is an oxy-moron. Homosexuality among Human Beings is, by definition, abnormal behavior. It exists, but it is in the absolute minority. It is not for me, and I am not going to stone a man to death for being gay.

      However, to elevate the concept of homosexual behavior to an equal moral station as traditional matrimony is to take the concept of moral relativism to an absurd level of legitimacy.

      Be gay. Do your thing. Keep it out of my face. Keep it away from any child under my protection, because I will not have such abnormal behaviours taught to them as "normal", I will not permit deviants (and I use the word deviant without moral connotation, merely as an accurate descriptor of the behavior among Human Beings)

      I'll leave it to others to tackle the morality of it all. I'm not a fan, but I won't stop you from doing what you want with other consenting adults - so long as you do not break the premise of Rightful Liberty and force it on others - in any way.

      K

      Delete
    2. First I'm not gay. I'm married with a wife and 2 kids. The religious argument is just the one most people use. I agree its not "normal". I don't think they have any less right to do things in public that straight people can do in public. I don't feel like watching anyone make out gay or otherwise.

      My solution to the gay marriage issue is simply the government stay out of marriage. Nothing special for any marriage be it hetero or homo. A piece of paper shouldn't be what makes you married. It should just be a commitment between two people without any government paperwork.

      I think marriage is a religious thing. I don't see the point in it due to my lack of beliefs. I'm only married because it was necessary to live with my wife with being in the military. Regardless of the government permission slip I would still be living with her and have kids.

      I appreciate the fact that you let the comment post and did not just delete it. I have seen and heard of a lot of blogs that simply delete any comments that disagree with them.

      Delete
    3. I agree 100% that Government has ZERO business in marriage, it is a religious matter. The problem is that most religions frown upon or outright ban homosexual marriage, and thus, the "radicals" (for lack of a better word) insist that Government force the religion from discrimination. They do this by forcing religions to accept gay marriage - at the point of a gun, as with all laws.

      So the result is that people like very traditional Catholics are forced by Government (men with laws and badges and guns) to pay for services and notions they find morally repugnant, such as abortion or gay marriage, et cetera.

      If Government would get out of our lives, at least to the parameters set in the Constitution and DoI, most of our problems would go away.

      For the record, I have no problem with gay couples at the Citadel - simply don't violate the premise of Rightful Liberty and there won't be any problems. By the same token, people in the Citadel who might violate YOUR Rightful Liberty as a gay couple, would find me at YOUR shoulder.

      Freedom and Liberty are for us all, or for none. There is no middle ground.

      Personally, I would suggest gays who want to be married, form a church and make marriage part of your doctrine, so that your lifestyle is safe from other religions that don't approve. Don't try to make Catholics accept gay marriage by Government force, simply take the Catholics out of the equation.

      As to how you raise your children - it would be my hope that you raise them fully explaining that two mommies or two daddy's isn't "normal" in Human's, but in this great land we call America, you get to do what you want, so long as you don't hurt anyone else.

      By the way - welcome to our little blog.

      K

      Delete
    4. Some of my writing was off in that post was off - I was using pronouns that make it sound like YOU are gay - sorry, that's my bad, I am riding and being sloppy.

      K

      Delete

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.