Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Friday, June 7, 2013

Patriots: Time for a Gut Check


Because I have recently announced that one of my III activities will directly benefit me (I will be earning income from my CQB training classes) I think I am now obligated to allow you a few insights that I kept to myself in the past.  I have a very well-defined sense of morality (no, really!  I do!  ;), and I draw lines where many of you do not.  One of my rules is: If I am making money from you, you are entitled to more info.  If I am not making money from an activity, I owe very few personal details.

Call me quirky.

Much of my philosophical outlook is based on feudal Japanese Samurai teachings.  Much of what I consider important does not resonate well in modern America.  There are times I feel it is appropriate to defend myself against accusations and provide explanations - and other times, not.

I will begin with a mea culpa: IIIGear - Since I never ran IIIGear as a business (only in my spare time), some of you have had delays that I am not happy with, at all.  At this moment I have a pile of Liberty Congress shirts and small pile of hoodies that need to ship, but everything else is out the door.  Going forward, now that I have shut down my distracting personal businesses, this will improve.

For instance, in the years that MBV, Firestone and others have been slinging poo at me, I usually respond with dismissive snark - yes, I can be a rude MF'er.  But I never really address their direct attacks, because they were beneath me, and lies.

But now that I am going to pay my bills by teaching some of you CQB, I will answer more candidly.  BTW - this is prompted by a PoS who calls himself "ThreeperUnited" and a familiar commenter "LFMayor", both of whom decided to take shots at me recently at CAs place.

And here is also where the Gut Check comes in for the wider community.  Be sure you don't fall into the trap of accepting rumor or slander as fact.

The comment made by "ThreeperUnited was: Heating, air conditioning, Renaissance Faire magazines, firearms manufacturing, security consulting: Is there nothing Kerodin can’t do?

First, there is PLENTY that Kerodin can't do.  But let's dissect the comment.  First, Heating, Air Conditioning: I am f'n good at it.  I began on my 18th birthday.  I have had more than 20,000 (let that number sink in) customers in the nearly 30 years since I began.  I have owned my own HVAC company and employed more than 50 people.  I am currently in the process of selling my company.  Additionally, I have designed a revolutionary AC system that I am taking my time introducing to industry - I don't want it to end up on the shelf with the legendary water-fueled car engine.

RenFaire Magazine: My wife and I have run (and continue to run) a very successful boutique publishing house.  One of the projects we considered was a magazine directed toward the RenFaire community.  We dropped the project for a few reasons - primarily there was insufficient base to make the project profitable, and because a particular segment of that community is a bunch of idiots (Not all, there are some first-class people in that world).  Not every idea pans out in business - just ask any successful businessman you know.  RenFaire Magazine aside, we have been very successful and have published newspapers, magazines, and books - for years.  And, we are good at it.

Firearms Manufacturing: Well, duh.  Obviously I do not manufacture firearms, but I proudly claim I had a little something to do with helping get III Arms into business.  Nearly 50 Patriots helped financially, and HUNDREDS more helped with moral support and technical assistance.  Jim Miller took point, and today III Arms is growing closer to delivering the first product.  So, I stand guilty again.

Security Consulting: Guilty again.  I was a Professional (which means I got paid for the work I did) in providing security consulting to major corporate costumers.  I was also paid for employing my martial skills in other venues. 

Citadel: You can't find ONE single person who applied to the Citadel who can prove they have been "scammed" or not been issued a refund, if they have asked.  (To date I think 3 people have changed their minds and asked for application refunds - in 2 cases they bought land very near the Citadel site)  Not one indictment from one single States Attorney, Attorney General, US Attorney, SEC, FTC...not one.  Imagine that.

I have several other businesses at which I have earned money.  I have a few that went nowhere.

Now for the gut check: When did it become distasteful to be good at more than one skill?  When did "Patriots" start slinging poo at people just because they are successful?

Now for a challenge: The people who condemn me for the Citadel, III Arms, my HVAC or publishing accomplishments, all of the people who like to call me a "Scam Artist" - have you noticed that these people have not once, ever, never, found one single person who has had a verified business dealing with me who claims I ripped them off?  Not one unhappy HVAC customer out of 20,000+.  Not one person who says I took money and failed to satisfy the agreement or provide a refund.  Not one. (Well, let me clarify - I had one former sales slug sue me, and I still say he's a PoS who couldn't get the job done)

No, the people complaining - like Mike Vanderboegh, Mark Firestone, Carol King, Tino, Razor, Rawles, etc, are people who never once had a business dealing with me.

So the next time you see or hear someone calling me, or anyone else, a "Scam Artist", just ask them for one little detail: Proof.  And if they can not provide an actual person who has actually been harmed by the "Scam Artist", you know you are in the company of an idiot, or liar.

I've said my piece, and won't return to this topic.

Kerodin
III

7 comments:

  1. I take offense to this post. In 2009, I paid a deposit to advance reserve a copy of Absolved. And by God, Mike swears I'm going to get my book! Uhh, wait a minute. Well, at least he did not scam me.
    Ha, ha, ha, I joke of course. It's all love, it's all love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam,

    I doubt anyone going with your training or involved in the other projects would be remotely swayed by internet sniping aimed at you. Chin up, but not too high or your throat's exposed...

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fuck it, don't mean nothing. Specially when they don't seem so anxious to deal with it IN PERSON.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuck'em.... They are busy dying and can't stand the fact that we are busy living....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fuck'em all. As Brotherman Jerome would say "They hatin' on you because they can't be like you."
    Personally, I'm glad to have a friend and associate like you. You're very forthright, you have very definite convictions and you have the initiative to act on those convictions.
    I have a feeling that if we lived in the same town, our families would be best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pecking on someone via keyboard pecking makes the peckers what...?? real people take real action if there's a real issue... time's a-wastin' and there's overmuch work to be done with precious few doing and little time to get it done...

    leading and inspiring others to act will always bring out the critics... "continue to march....."

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. They all laughed at me. MY first wife left me, my family told me to get a real job. No one is laughing at me anymore Sam. I have been retired for 9 years now. I'm still only 49. Life is good when you actually live it.

    Ne Desit Virtus III

    ReplyDelete

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.