Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Need Feedback


I have already added several posts this morning requesting feedback, I hope you'll take time on each one.

One of the best ways I can think of helping Patriots prep for what is coming is to get them running their own businesses in niche markets.  To that end, Holly and I have a friend we met in person at Brock's PatCon.  He's an auto mechanic, with a LOT of experience and skills.

Here's my concept: He looks around the web for good, solid, older 4x4 vehicles and does his mechanic magic on them.  Then he adds a few upgrades useful for getting Patriots over the dale and through the woods with minimal headaches - such as Warn bumpers and winches, lights, to hitches (I'm a Warn guy, can you tell?)

He could keep a few on a "For sale lot", ready to go.  He could customize them as you wish - even you guys that like lift kits and such.  You could even bring him your stock rig that you love, and ask him to make it III ready.

I am just brainstorming here.  Since he would not be chasing the $50,000 mega-lifted garage queens that never see a real dirt trail, instead building working 4x4's specifically for the Patriot market, could this be a niche that would work?  If you wanted some work done on your rig that is either beyond your skillset or simply too time consuming, would you seek out a III Patriot with fair prices before giving the work to your local shop?

Like you, I don't have money to do everything I want to do at once.  But I bet he could even add a few "extras" designed for the III Patriot - such as prudently placed plate steel and even a few James Bond Get out of Jail widgets, if you know what I mean.  One of those fancy hide-boxes that are the rage in the drug courier business - you know, you have to tune the radio to 1640 AM, roll the passenger window 1/3 down, recline the seat, light the lighter, then the secret, hydraulic dashboard hidey-hole opens.  Mess up the opening sequence, and you'll need the jaws of life to get in there.  ;)  I bet Wirecutter might know a thing or three about such things.  But that's just a hunch.  I could be wrong.  Maybe.  ;)

So, my question: As you build your Go Vehicle, would you take the choice to go to a III Patriot over your local shop, even if it is a bit further of a drive?

I'll put my money where my mouth is and as I can afford to have things done, I'll get Wrench to do the mods, we'll document it all and document it all on III Jeep blog (yes, that blog is built, I just don't have enough time in a day folks).

So - III Patriot truck shop - yes or no?

Kerodin
III

20 comments:

  1. I will be in need of a pickup when funds allow. I would definitely give Wrench a shot at my business.

    PS: I have a III buddy of mine in Houston who used to have a vehicle hauling business... could probably get him to move vehicles around the country for a fair price.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a Jeep Cherokee that would greatly
    appreciate his engine work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go a long ways out of my way to throw business at III person.
    So I guess that's a yes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got my 2013 III Jeep underway, the only thing I wish is that it was a pre-1980 for EMP reasons, but thats where the Duece and a half will come into play in my future. :) I do mostly my own work. I got all sorts of "son of a bitch" wrenches. For those that dont know what a son of a bitch" wrench is, it is the wrench that you usually yell SON OF A BITCH!, then spend 5 minutes trying to find it outside your garage in the grass cause you threw it there, only to find it a week later with the mower which, as you guessed, turns into another SON OF A BITCH moment. That all being said, I miss the barter system.

    I was at a little coffee shop that opened yesterday and they had this old hutch cabinet with an old enamel top. It looked just like the one we had when I was raised. However, this had history in it. A 1955 little booklet and a Green Stamps booklet. My goodness I totally forgot about Green Stamps! I am sure that everything was also made here back then that was riddled through those pages. I may go back and offer them money for the book just to do a post on it.

    Just remember a good bug out should stand against an EMP, thats my $.02.
    In Liberty,
    Israel
    III

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why would anyone want a Deuce and a half?
      Lewis
      III

      Delete
    2. Who wouldn't want a deuce and a half!? ;)

      I wonder how that winch would look on my Jeep...

      Delete
    3. IsraeI, I don't have any son-of-a-bitch wrenchs but had a few golf clubs that were SOB clubs. Just saying... LOL

      Delete
    4. I got those as well Wrench, along with my Son of a Bitch yard tools and Son of a bitch super nova hot coffee and...and...

      As for the Duece, The only time I heard of a jeep and a duece utilizing the winch was when a duece supposedly at the jeep. The story's details are sketchy about as much sketchy as my two brothers involved in such an act. ;)
      In Liberty,
      Israel
      III

      Delete
  5. Even though I do most of my own work, I would much rather have a lll Patriot doing work on my rig then any old shop

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would go out of my way to patronize another III where ever their niche matches my need.

    I left the state one time to get chocolate.

    This may not be the best example, especially since he wouldn't take my money, but, paid back or paid forward, I will get even some day.

    David Martin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David - was that chocolate by chance in Illinois?

      Delete
    2. Yes it was, and as good as the chocolate was, the company was even better.

      David Martin

      Delete
  7. I would use a III merchant/tradesman before I would use a muggle counterpart. ;)
    Miss Violet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hell Yes I would go see that man. Hell if the deal is good enough I would fly out to Idaho and drive it back home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like some of the others, I do most of my own work on my Comanche. But the critical stuff like when I added 456 gears to the diffs, I would for sure use someone that was 111. But trying to find anyone other than Wirecutter in the land of.......( your choice) is next to impossible. Even here in rural central coast, too many of the other side have moved in. Went to 1 shop to have a headache combo rifle rack built and he said NO! I don't approve of guns! F off I told him and found a ranch hand with a welder! So yes! A 3 anything is something I would support.
    Lynn A. Stokes
    Captain
    Eastern Pacific Yacht Delivery Service
    Morro Bay,Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A good patriotic mechanic might be willing to do some work on the "courtesy" lights on modern vehicles.

    I'd want him to install driver-initiated switches that can prevent the interior light from coming on when the door(s) get opened, so that you can open a door from the inside, or from the outside, without a dome light coming on.

    And I'd like him to disable the factory buzzers for door open, no seat belt belted, and other nanny state requirements.

    "Nuff said. Those asking points are meant to avoid advertising my presence and movements in the woods or on the street.

    Quietus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some manufacturers on some models (depends sometimes on the options package) let you via a "scan tool" or your on-board information system program various accessory functions including the lighting system. Let me know what make/model you have and I can let you if the courtesy light operation can be changed with as little as some button pushing on your instrument panel.

      Delete
  11. Kerodin,


    (captaincrunch)

    I mentioned this before. I prefer older (1990-1995) Toyota trucks with the 22 RE engine.
    I got a mechanic here in my area that specializes in those trucks from that era.
    My 1991 Toyota is in the process of being 'fixed up" The truck is all caveman (no power windows, etc) My only creature comforts are heat and A/C. The truck weighs a whooping 2800 LBS and gets 26 Miles Per Gallon.
    Where I live, winches are not needed but good judgement when four wheeling is paramount.

    One very important point that I think many are forgetting. If you build a "patriot vehicle' Keep it low profile. No fancy stuff, Keep it plain Jane as possible. A vehicle that stands out will be targeted where as one that blends in with everyone else will blend in with the 'sheeple' and that fact could save your life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will give my business and money to a Patriot tradesman or merchant over anybody else every time. Every time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It goes without saying that yes, I would take my business to a fellow Threeper long before I would go elsewhere. What we need is a state by state list of Threeper and like minded Patriot businesses to patronize so that our hard earned money goes to support those who would support us.

    ReplyDelete

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.