Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Saturday, August 19, 2017

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

'The right to keep and bear arms isn’t absolute,' Rogers told the House. 'The Second Amendment protects the rights of law-abiding and responsible citizens, but not those who pose a serious threat to themselves or others,' she said.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but I can't seem to find the part about 'law-abiding and responsible' in the text of the Second Amendment.  Nor can I find any litmus test for determining who may be proactively denied their 2A in the text.

Sounds like the Blackmun penumbra argument to me...

I prefer Mister Jefferson's 'unalienable', personally.

Here's the piece from the American Bar Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.