Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Room for more than Doom & Gloom


As you consider our future in the Citadel, remember the things we take for granted and may not come to top of mind.

Sports fields come to mind this morning.

Three thousand families will support elementary, junior high and high schools, and kids need fields. Our kids will host opposing schools, and they'll travel to opposing schools.

Beyond school athletics, many of our residents may want to put together a softball league, football, or more. A formal track I think will be important, in addition to our more relaxed biking, hiking and walking trails.

Be sure you think about more than building firearms, preparing for Hordes, and teaching your little darlins Krav Maga and BJJ, and teaching them to ring steel offhand with Daddy's .50 cal 1911 (Yeah, I have ideas).

The Citadel is a place for Life, for generations of Liberty-filled Life.

Please look at that beautiful picture above of Idaho, and consider that we will have at least 640 acres of that beauty inside our walls for ourselves and our children.

What will make you happy, Patriots?

Kerodin
III

12 comments:

  1. Something I thought of, even though it's probably not something anyone WANTS to think about is a cemetery. Inside or outside the citadel?

    Miss Violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That crossed my mind too - and I got nothing.

      Holly and I personally have opted for cremation, but what think the rest of you? A place of respect inside the walls, or a designated space beyond the walls on a lovely spot overlooking the mountains?

      K

      Delete
    2. Well, I have some thoughts about it, but they are not for the public eye.

      Miss V

      Delete
    3. I'm also in the cremation mindset. Better use for the land than planting my happy ass in it. But for those who choose burial, I think a lovely spot outside the walls, but not too far away would be nice. I used to have very creative plans for my ashes, but I don't think Derek Jeter would cooperate.

      Delete
    4. I hope like hell there are enough pieces left to cremate when I'm ready. Highly doubt it. HIGHLY doubt it. A lot of brass lying around tho.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you talking comedy or karaoke? Or just live music?

      Delete
    2. Well, I've noticed the first Citadel Company is a Construction firm, and the next two intend to specialize in beer and vodka - I think bawdy-flavored karaoke may be in all our futures...and you really, really don't want me singing.

      K ;)

      Delete
  3. hot air balloon rides over the mountains

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll need the beer AND vodka if I start singing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be building sashaying walls, singing at the top of our lungs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lake or pond for fishing and boating, diving. Aquaculture would be my preferred vocation, growing as much feed as practcal.
    Kayne

    ReplyDelete

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.