Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

BDU Help



Folks, we are working on a few new designs for III Patches - but I have a little problem.

I don't own a single BDU top.  What sizes are the standard velcro patch-places on the standard issue BDU tops?  Name tapes, sleeves, etc.

I've got hats and all of my Condor packs covered.

Also - if there are any other tops (other than bdu) that have more-or-less standardized patch sizes, lemme know.

Thanks,
K

6 comments:

  1. BDUs don't have velcro patches. They were all sewn on, unless you were a SOCOM guy that had them custom done. You're referring to ACU-pattern uniforms. I don't know the size off-hand, but it's gotta be close to 5x6. Plenty big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ACU- Army Combat Uniform, ATACS-Advanced Tactical Concealment System, Multicam ACU all have standard hook n loop areas. Rangerjoes.com will give you all needed info

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll measure my ACU and Multicam when I get home if you don't have an answer by then.
    None of my BDU's were velcro. I think 1x6 was name tape size, patches were sized by unit, and rarely were the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. name tapes 1"x5" shoulder 4"x6.5"

    ReplyDelete
  5. K, all issued uniforms now come with velcro all over. Right shoulder, left sholder, pockets on the arms, name tape and US Army area. Name and Army Tape is 1"x5". The velcro used to attach Unit patches on each sholder is 4"x6" but the size of each patch varies by Unit. Velcro all over the new Multicam uniform...good pattern but I never liked the sound it makes at night trying to get into a pocket.....MJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam,
    If we men cant sew a fucking patch on out BDU's, then how in the fuck can we trust one another to care for our battle wounds?
    In Liberty,
    Israel
    III

    ReplyDelete

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.