Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Sunday, February 10, 2013

30 seconds flat...


A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner." Now, if you're on me and you gotta move when I move, how do you expect to keep a... a marriage? - DeNiro in 'Heat'

I have the emotional ability to walk away from anyone, at any time, for any reason, without looking back - except my wife.

This is a new development for me - I never had this connection before.  I met H almost 12 years ago, knew within ten minutes of meeting her that she was the girl for me, and this connection grows stronger every single day.

As I've traveled through life I have found my ability to walk away from people - be they friend, family, romantic interest, whatever, is not an ability most people possess.  I've had to walk away from a few people even online, for they chose a path I would not walk.  For the professionals out there profiling me, I'm not giving away any information not already in my folder.

Prior to my wife I lived differently than I do now.  Tomorrow never mattered.  If I spent what money was in my pocket, no big deal - if I wake up tomorrow and need more, I know how to get it.  Since my early 20's I've tried to keep a few constants in my life, including at least one 4x4 (usually a CJ or Chevy), and an Akita, and we slept on many dojo floors across the country.  Life was a daily event, not an ongoing event.

Leaving the porch would have been a different equation prior to my wife.  I still have the same understanding of Life and Death, of our insignificance as silly bi-peds on a rock spinning through space, where we all fit in the larger picture.  No matter what I do, in 100 years I will be dead and returned whence I came.  Who is, or is not, a slave on this silly planet in 100 years won't matter to me one whit.  But now I have a reason to stay on this plane of existence longer.

I have talked to enough of you to know you share my view.  Once you have something in life from which you are unwilling to walk away, you start doing things like buckling the seatbealt.  You wear the flippin' helmet on the bike.  You don't pick fights with people three times your size just to see what happens this time

Yet there is also a new blossom on the emotional tree of Life.  Every action now is for higher stakes.

Now if you must throw elbows it is for all the marbles, not just for fun.

Now that you have something so precious , protecting and defending that person (or family) becomes your primary focus in life.  Perhaps you would have left the porch earlier in this long train of abuses if you did not have such a connection.  But now, leaving the porch is a more serious affair because you are protecting what lies behind you.  John Parker and his men did not go to the Green because the British were in front of them.  They went to the Green because their wives, families, and all that was important to them lay behind.

Something that goes too often unsaid on our blogs, and I know a great many III Patriots share this sentiment because you and I have spoken about it: Most of us have zero desire to ever leave the porch.  We do not want to do it.  But because so many of us have that extra something in life now that is our responsibility to protect, if we are forced from the porch we intend to get the work done so that the Evil no longer threatens what lies behind us.  We'll be less merciful.  We'll be less willing to stop until the job is complete.

When we were younger and had less in life, we'd have gone for God and Country.

Now if I have to go, it is for H - God and Country will simply benefit by association.

My life is meaningless in the big picture.  The life for which I will fight is worth doing whatever I need to do to protect.

Most of the people around me would be content to be left alone.  Most of the people closest to me these days share a desire to move to a community together where we can be as removed from Enemies of Liberty as possible.  But Marxists will not leave people alone.  It isn't their nature.

Marxists: You need to watch what damage is being done by one of your own in LA right now.  One of your own is exposing what one motivated man can do.  One of your own is giving you only a taste of what will happen if you force one hundred thousand American men off the porch, and we will all be motivated by far more than has led Dorner into action.

We will be motivated by God, by Country and by what lies behind us.

I know this post will not change a single Marxist mind.  I wrote it anyway.

Kerodin
III

5 comments:

  1. "Greater love than this no man hath, that a man lay down his life for his friends" John 15:13

    I believe I survived cancer 12+ years ago in order to guide and protect my family through these trials and tribulations. I wasn't ready to leave just yet and they are what got me through it.

    I've always been a passive or live and let live type of person. Not hardened in any way. Shy away from confrontation. Perhaps somewhat sheltered as a youth. Maybe too much turn the other cheek in me. Or I'm a "still water runs deep" guy. Deep down I guess I know what I'm truly capable of and keep it in check. I'm preparing myself mentally and spiritually for what is in front of us all. At some point I will no longer be able to run from it and evil will come knocking whether I want it to or not.

    Amazing when you find something you love more than yourself. It's no longer about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and one that hits particularly close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I have ever wanted was to be left alone. Stay out of my life, my wallet and do not indoctrinate my kids. That to much to ask? Yup, it is. Limited constitutional government was intended to defend the natural rights listed in the BoR and the laws codified in the constitution. The contract that is the constitution has been declared null and void by the same government it empowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you wrote this post. You have a lot of balls. I too have a Wife and now children and the LAST thing I want to do is get off the porch. If I were forced to I would as I ALWAYS have in my life. It's not in my nature to be bullied or stand by and watch friends or family be bullied, harmed or harassed. I've always done something about it and usually in the fiercest most savage way. I'm NOT a 20 year old Ranger anymore and won't roll around in the dirt or bar room floors but GOD FORBID if this ever went hot. I KNOW there have to be a hell of a lot more that 100K of us out there and millions more highly trained and motivated. I'm not advocating Violence. I NEVER do but as you said, none of us WANT to get off the porch. Ultimately though as it always has, it's going to come down to a few that do. I think back to when I was blind, young and in the Army and in my wildest dreams I would NEVER have thought we would be here today. NEVER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I would NEVER have thought we would be here today."

    Nobody did really, even those who thought and talked about it. Even now, it's still mostly conceptual for most people. Life & death stuff usually doesn't get real, like sensed, until it's experienced. For most people, it'll get real when it gets real.

    You wrote this too, also true thank goodness...

    "I KNOW there have to be a hell of a lot more that 100K of us out there and millions more highly trained and motivated."

    An understatement if ever there were one. Probably a few million very well trained and scores of millions, at least, motivated...plenty of them extremely motivated. Tough odds for the Bad Guys, even with the help of China and everyone else.

    Anyway, it's nice to see a romantic post. So very un-PC these days, even though it's so very natural. Speaking of reality.

    Did you know I'm the guy who figured out everything there is to know about women, in all respects, in a single word? Well, I did..."More."

    ReplyDelete

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.