Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Sunday, February 3, 2013

OK - You are all wrong ;)

See the poll at right and the post below?

I asked you to vote on the proper writing style of Molon Labe.

Now I must inform you that not only are most of you wrong, but worse, you agree with my wife

That's what hurts the mostest.  I'm hurt. I am wounded.  And she gloats well.

The proper answer, Alex, is:
But, ok - 53% of you prefer the modern greek (or, gasp!, English!!!) bringing the percentage of you who are wrong to a full 75%.

I'll yield to the masses but I don't have to like it.  We'll print our shirts up with:


But I'd just like to point out that when Leonidas was chatting it up with Xerxes, well, you know...

OK - tantrum over.  ;)

Kerodin
III

12 comments:

  1. At the risk of causing you undeserved irritation ;) I have to agree with you instead of Holly, the original question was "I have 3 designs below I am considering - but we are having a little artistic discussion in the Kerodin household about which version of Molon Labe is most appropriate for our shirts." not what the historical context of the original language was. So from my perspective, all of the writing styles are an excellent choice, but I'll get one no matter what style is the final choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh come on Kerodin don't be a sore looser. You'll wear it anyway, won't you?
    Papa Mike
    III

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey k aint democracy grand

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted for the classic Greek. I'm a purist. Couldn't believe I was in the minority. C'mon folks, 300 Spartans couldn't have been wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they were killed so they couldn't have been too right. Maybe if they said it in 'murrican they might have survived. Sheesh, babes.....

      Delete
  5. Wow. I miss a poll and it all caves in. There's a lesson or two in here...unless there isn't...

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not exactly classic Greek. The difference is lower case or upper case. Simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't argue - Wiki has it as classic. ;)

      Wiki is, afterall, the font of all knowledge.

      K

      Delete
  7. Modern Greek bridges the gap between those who "get it" and those who don't, giving the wearer the opportunity to explain to the curious.

    ReplyDelete

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.