Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Natural Rights Don't Exist


I came across a piece titled "Natural Rights Don't Exist", written by a person who is a piece of the machine that works tirelessly to undermine our Founding ideals and corrupt the Souls of our countrymen. 

Here is a sample: The natural rights debate leads us down a false road. The energy spent in arguing which rules exist should better be spent deciding which rules we should make. The "perfect freedom" Locke described "to order their actions and dispose of their possessions and persons as they see fit... without asking leave or depending upon the will of any other man", does not dictate the existence of rights; instead it leaves us perfectly free to legislate them.

I prefer this freedom, which seems to me simple and clear: we are all at a table together, deciding which rules to adopt, free from any vague constraints, half-remembered myths, anonymous patriarchal texts and murky concepts of nature. If I propose something you do not like, tell me why it is not practical, or harms somebody, or is counter to some other useful rule; but don't tell me it offends the universe.

It was written 13 years ago, but it is one of the more honest and direct efforts I have seen by the Marxists to spread their filth.  The website it is on is still active and doing the work of corrupting Americans.

When you consider the Enemies of Liberty in the coming ruckus, do not overlook the machine, the infrastructure that facilitates the destruction of our value system.  Remember, your Mayor who sides with Bloomberg was elected by thousands of your neighbors, supported by local businessmen.

Here is the piece.  It is a tedious 100 mile walk to try to justify the dismissal of Jefferson - so I can't in good conscience suggest you read the whole thing.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Yeah, I think I'll stick with Mister Jefferson.

Kerodin
III

1 comment:

  1. My response to those who say that rights don't exist is this: Fine. In that case no one can possibly have a "right" to control my life, so we are right back where we started with me running my own life as I see fit.

    ReplyDelete

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.