Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Deepest Gratitude

It has been a long time since I was a full two days or more away from the computer - I apologize to everyone who is waiting for email.  I just glanced at Outlook and I have somewhere north of 400 waiting - and I probably won't get to them until we get home Tuesday.  H and I got home at about 2am Friday, then I worked all day Friday, and were back on the road early Saturday, and today we met some first-class Patriots during III CQB here in Illinois.  Holly and I have people we now consider new friends - not just new allies.  These III CQB classes are going to really help strengthen our community.

I'll give a full AAR in a few days, for now I'll just say that WiscoDave (often seen over at WireCutter's place) is not only funny as hell, but a genuine Patriot and one of those men who would not think twice about giving the shirt off his back - to anyone.  He earned - and I mean EARNED the nickname "Half-Speed" - because he is a hard charger and a man to have at your shoulder in the muck.  Yes - he drew Kerodin blood and helped me prove that anyone - ANYONE - can get into trouble in a fight.  His instincts are strong.

Kevin and Bill are two people I would have in my corner any day of the week, and as Patriots they pegged the meter.  How can I tell after a single day of training together?  Sometimes you just know, you know?  We III may be spread out across distant reaches of this beautiful country, but by damned if it isn't people like these who represent the best America has to offer.

Our hosts Patty and Daniel took care of us from beginning to end.  We were able to share a dinner tonight, and were treated to a magnificent dessert made by Daniel, and a tour of his business.  I am going to let Holly write something about Daniel's business, because the man is an artist and I simply don't have the writing prowess to do him or it justice.  Patty is one of the most lovely, wonderful people you can ever meet - and I won't even mention how she and Holly tested skull density - the old-fashioned way.  ;)

Folks, this trip - this week that included Beck - has been wonderful on many levels, personally and for the III.  I thank everyone who went to Texas, and everyone who met with us here in Illinois.  I look forward to meeting all of you in SoCal, Colorado, WV, Florida and beyond.  There is nothing I have found that compares to meeting one another face-to-face.

I appreciate all the comments regarding the Beck appearance.  I had a chance to scan headlines on my emails, and as usual there seems to be some BS drama over the Beck appearance, and to tell you the truth, I simply can't be bothered.  We are too busy doing the work of Patriots to worry about small people who hate.  We will always have people who will hate, who will berate, mock, belittle, lie - we have to live our lives and let them suffer in their squalor.

More in a few days, once we get home and settled.

Yours in Liberty.

Kerodin
III

7 comments:

  1. Sam:

    I saw the parts of the interview that were free...'cuz I'm a cheap bastard...but I thought y'all did a fine job.

    It appeared to me all of you chose your words very carefully, and were perhaps a little nervous and apprehensive.

    None of y'all looked or sounded like kooks though, and you represented the III community well.

    I WAS hoping to see the segment where Beck asked you about your sordid past, but that shit wasn't free...I guess...but I bet it would be worth the price of admission to see you spoil Beck's lip and swell his windpipe shut with your reply! ;)

    Anyhoo...good on you and the others. I'm glad I kinda know you.

    wz

    ps-You married a babe! Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Mr. Beck's comment was something like "that doesn't sound like something you should go to prison for'...or words to that effect.
      And looks are only half of the package. The fact that she is more than capable of keeping Sam in line....says a lot about that woman. They are a rare, perfect match.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Zoomie - ya cheap bastard. ;) The Beck folks kept the juicy "Kerodin the Rogue" part behind the paywall and out of the highlights. There may have even been water-boarding - I don't remember.

      I'd swipe the entire feed and post it, but Mr. Beck not only did us a solid by doing an objective interview - his lawyers can beat up my lawyers.

      K

      Delete
  2. If you need a rest stop on your way home my door is open just drop me a note so I can greet you properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sopesey had to chime in of course. I left a comment to the effect of "so we are to forgive YOU of YOUR past, but not Kerodin?". Naturally the coward did not post my comment. I hate hypocrites...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh!:)
      ========
      I'll give a full AAR in a few days, for now I'll just say that WiscoDave (often seen over at WireCutter's place) is not only funny as hell, but a genuine Patriot and one of those men who would not think twice about giving the shirt off his back - to anyone. He earned - and I mean EARNED the nickname "Half-Speed" - because he is a hard charger and a man to have at your shoulder in the muck. Yes - he drew Kerodin blood and helped me prove that anyone - ANYONE - can get into trouble in a fight. His instincts are strong.

      That is indeed most encouraging, as he had mentioned to me previously that he hoped he was in good enough shape to go through your course and I don't exactly remember my reply, but it was something to the effect, to not worry. I see I was correct in thinking that he was a man of honour.

      Delete
    2. The man is "strong like bull"! - he reminds me of the farmers and watermen I grew up with on the Chesapeake - average height, strong as an ox, and among the nicest people you'll ever meet.

      Stay safe, Brock.

      K

      Delete

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.