FDA's Views on Freedom of Choice
Here are some of FDA's views expressed in its response on 'freedom of food choice' in general and on the right to obtain and consume raw milk in particular:
- "Plaintiffs' assertion of a new 'fundamental right' to produce, obtain, and consume unpasteurized milk lacks any support in law." [p. 4]
- "It is within HHS's authority . . . to institute an intrastate ban [on unpasteurized milk] as well." [p. 6]
- "Plaintiffs' assertion of a new 'fundamental right' under substantive due process to produce, obtain, and consume unpasteurized milk lacks any support in law." [p.17]
- "There is no absolute right to consume or feed children any particular food." [p. 25]
- "There is no 'deeply rooted' historical tradition of unfettered access to foods of all kinds." [p. 26]
- "Plaintiffs' assertion of a 'fundamental right to their own bodily and physical health, which includes what foods they do and do not choose to consume for themselves and their families' is similarly unavailing because plaintiffs do not have a fundamental right to obtain any food they wish." [p. 26]
- FDA's brief goes on to state that "even if such a right did exist, it would not render FDA's regulations unconstitutional because prohibiting the interstate sale and distribution of unpasteurized milk promotes bodily and physical health." [p. 27]
- "There is no fundamental right to freedom of contract." [p. 27]
It all tracks with the above FDA position.
Liberty is being murdered - literally - by armies of bureaucrats.
Those armies are backed-up by armies of LEO, complete with air support.
Those are the facts. Prepare accordingly.
Here's the FDA piece from 2010. It explains the USDA arms purchase.