Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Friday, January 23, 2015

Symbols & Rhetoric

I am working on a post in my head about symbols, symbolism and rhetoric as relates to the fight for Liberty.

The topic began bubbling in my head with the recent announcement of Kalishnakovs being manufactured here.

I think most of us agree that symbols and rhetoric are a major part of the fight.  Even today we look at Gadsden and the Sons of Liberty flags and know what they are, what they meant, and that men fought under those symbols.  Same same with the Confederate battle flag.  Even today for the younger among us, the word 'Comrade' carries a definitive Leftist flavor.

I invite you to consider the topic as well.  It will not be a discussion about the AR platform versus the AK - let's not devolve to that sort of discussion.  Nor will it be a long discussion about the AK - but about the symbolism and rhetoric that is defining this fight for Liberty even now.

I may not post it for a day or two - traveling creates erratic schedules.

K

6 comments:

  1. Hey Kerodin,

    After many temptations since your blog appeared (I've been here since the beginning) I've stayed quiet, not commenting, just training (trying to get and stay grey for the festivities.) This one makes me laugh a bit. I thought I was overreacting when, years ago, I bought an AK built by Arsenal but couldn't keep the weapon. It was a fine rifle, but every time I handled it I felt repulsed by the ideologies that it represented. I couldn't train with it. I traded a friend for an M4. He thought I was crazy. Maybe I am, but I loathe collectivists and their symbols. I'll stick to my DSA FAL as my primary rifle for training and culling the hoard; and the M4 for training and activities requiring a lighter load.

    Keep up the great work.

    III in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have owned several SKSs and AKs down through the years. As a military professional, felt it was a good idea to be proficient with thé enemys' weapons. Never fell in love with any of them, though. Honesty feel thé M-16 platform is better. Might just be muscle mermory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sqosh off topic, but I might be able to hammer it into the rhetoric slot if I use a maul. ;-)
    It concerns the Pat Buchanan paragraph at the top of the sidebar concerning consequences. In my opinion Hamilton was piece of work and got what he deserved, just not soon enough to keep his statist ideas and ideals contained. I had the thought that the day Burr killed Hamilton should have been made into a national holiday, which would have been an irony of such sublime exquisiteness a lover of Liberty could really celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spot Miss V...I say bring back dueling it would solve a lot of problems...

      Delete
    2. Congressional disputes settled by a mandatory dual, Statists get a flintlock, their second gets a musket soaked in a drum of water. Freedomists get a full frame 1911 with a full 8 rounds in the mag, sun at his back, second gets a BAR with 20 rounds of AP.

      Delete
    3. I like your style Hk-91 ;-) and yes, lineman dueling would solve a lot of problems, Brock has been advocating it for some time, lol.

      Delete

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.